The Microsoft Surface Duo will be available in a few days. But only in the USA. A market launch in Europe depends on the success there.
Will the Microsoft Surface Duo be a success? That still has to be shown. If so, then there is also reason to be happy in Europe. Because then we can look forward to the launch of the first Android smartphone from Microsoft next year.
Because Microsoft would of course love to sell the model outside of the United States. But it has to be worthwhile. And that really only makes sense if the sales figures are right.
Microsoft Surface Duo: These are the specs
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- RAM: 6 GB
- Storage: 128 or 256 GB
- Display: Two 5.6-inch AMOLED displays, cover made of Corning Gorilla Glass; Aspect ratio 4: 3 with a resolution of 1,800 by 1,350 pixels (401 ppi) each. When opened, the result is an 8.1-inch display with 2,700 by 1,800 pixels (aspect ratio 3: 2). 100% coverage of the sRGB and DCI-P3 color spectrum
- Operating system: Android 10 (Android 11 upgrade announced)
- WiFi-5 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Nano SIM + eSIM
- Camera: 11 megapixels, aperture 2.0, PDAF autofocus, 7x zoom, maximum video resolution 4K 60 FPS, electronic image stabilization, 84 ° field of view
- Connections: 1 x USB-C 3.1
- Fingerprint reader on the edge of the housing
- Two microphones with integrated noise and echo suppression
- FDD-LTE bands: 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,12,13,14,19 20,25,26,28,29,30,66
- TD-LTE bands: 38,39,40,41,46
- Battery: 3,577 mAh
- Battery life: 15.5 hours of video playback, 10 days of standby, 27 hours of talk time
- Power supply: 18W, fast charging
- Dimensions open: 145.2mm x 186.9mm x 4.8mm
- Dimensions closed: 145.2mm x 93.3mm x 9.9mm
- Weight: 250 grams
Microsoft charges 1,399 dollars for its Surface Duo. This makes it significantly cheaper than the competition, but it is also not a "real" foldable. And in many ways worse equipped than the competition from Samsung, for example.
Let’s see if the manufacturer can convince enough buyers of the device. From Thursday it will (have to) show.
The article Microsoft Surface Duo should also be available in Europe from 2021, if it is successful in the USA , first appeared on Xiaomist .