The Android 11 Developer Preview 3 for the OnePlus 8 series has now been released. The users of the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro can now test the last test version before the final release.
Again, this build of Android 11 is best for developers and other early adopters. If you use your OnePlus or OnePlus 8 Pro every day, you should rather wait for the final update in September . Because of course there are still a few problems here, as you can see below.
Key updates (please refer to the change log for the full list):
- New visual design (including Weather app, Launcher, Gallery, Notes)
- New layout for more comfortable and convenient one-handed operation
- Always-on display function, including 11 new clock styles
- Live wallpaper that changes according to the time of day
- New OnePlus Sans font that improves readability
- Optimized Dark Mode, including the ability to automatically turn on and off and a shortcut in Quick Settings
- 3 new Zen Mode themes, more timing options, and new Group feature to let you experience Zen Mode with your friends
- New Gallery function that automatically creates a weekly story based on your photos and videos
- Some third-party applications may not function as expected
- System stability issues
- Network stability issues in some scenarios
In the OnePlus forum you can find out everything else, including how to get back to Android 10 if you don’t like the trial version.
The article Android 11 Developer Preview 3 published for OnePlus 8 series first appeared on Xiaomist .